Vinyl LP (Only 200 Available)
Only The World Remains – Harry Edwards Quartet
I’m very excited to announce my upcoming new quartet album of original compositions, Only The World Remains.
We will be releasing this record first in a hand-numbered run of 200 coloured vinyl LP’s in December 2019.
There will be only one edition of this vinyl; once each copy has a home, that will be it!
Don’t have a record player? This release also comes with a free digital download of the album.
This new record features 11 all-original Tasmanian jazz compositions written by Harry Edwards.
The music draws on a range of influences, including film scores, gypsy jazz, modern jazz, and classical music.
The album features instrumentation of two acoustic ‘gypsy jazz style’ guitars, violin, and double bass.
Check out the above album teaser clip, featuring extracts from four compositions (Infinitum, Thankyou, Forming, & Meditation #2).
Track List (46 minutes total)
Island Song (3.19)
The Price & Boon of Sensitivity (3.01)
Meditation # 2 (3.48)
Only The World Remains (4.26)
Vinyl LP Features
- 11 original jazz compositions.
- Marbled purple and black vinyl. Each record will be unique due to the marbling process.
- Limited numbered release of 200 copies. This will be the only pressing of this record.
- Liner notes discussing the album, the musicans, and the featured compositions.
- Original painted artwork featured on front and back cover, with matte laminate.
- Gatefold 850GSM hardback-book style cover (more than twice the thickness of typical vinyl covers).
- High quality polylined black innersleeves for vinyl protection.
- Resealable polywrap for cover protection.
- Free download of the album when the digital version is released in January 2020.
Harry Edwards – Lead Guitar
Charlie McCarthy – Violin
Isaac Gee – Double Bass
Felicity Lovett – Rhythm Guitar
The front and back cover art features two original oil paintings by Harry Edwards. The images were painted during the rehearsal period leading up to the album recording session.
The artwork is a direct response to the themes and aesthetic of the compositions featured on the album.
View detailed images of the gatefold cover, and coloured vinyl itself, here.